Back to Work
Creating safe child care environments to serve families
It’s time to get back to work, and it starts with you.
As an early care and education provider, you play a critical role for families and your communities. By offering quality care and education, you create a two-generational economic ripple effect, allowing parents to go back to work with the peace of mind that their children are in a safe and engaging environment, and nurturing the next generation of leaders and thinkers.
Now more than ever, the children, families and leaders in your community need you to be ready to provide a healthy and safe environment that families feel confident returning to. We’re all in this together, so as part of our state’s “Get Back to Work” campaign, you’ll find resources and tools below to operate safely and instill confidence in the families you serve.
Get started today! Download “Delivering Care in a COVID-19 Environment: A Guide for Providers”
Looking for specific information for your program? Find information locally through your Child Care Resource and Referral agency. Your local agency will focus on finding resources that meet your specific needs.
New Safety Recommendations
As Indiana gets back to work, the state – in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) – has set forth a number of new health and safety recommendations for early care and education providers as they re-open or continue serving families during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please review them all here. Use this guide to understand what is recommended versus mandatory.
Major highlights include:
Need financial assistance to help with these health- and safety-related measures? Apply for a grant through the Come Back Stronger Fund.
Program Tools and Resources
We’ve put together a guide with a number of tools and resources to help you implement these health and safety measures, as well as communicate with your staff and families. Download “Delivering Care in a COVID-19 Environment: A Guide for Providers” here. Watch the informational webinar here.
Within this guide, some of the resources you’ll find include:
- Communication Tools
- Health Screening Resources
- Resources to Support and Engage Children
- Explaining Masks and Gloves to Kids
- Involving Kids in Safety
- Helpful Responses to Families from Conscious Discipline.
- What Comes Next: Back to Child Care Following Shelter in Place from Zero To Three.
- Anxious Stomach Aches and Headaches, Children Physically Expressing Anxiety from Child Mind Institute.
- Coping with Challenging Behavior in Challenging Times from Community Play Things.
- Employee & Employer Resources
- Maintaining a Healthy Operation
- Suggested Supply List
- EPA Approved Cleaning Products
- All Signs
- Social distance reminder
- Reminder to wear masks onsite
- Visitor signage
- What to expect signage
- Hand washing reminders
- Gloves required
- Scrub and mask pick-up and drop off
- Room capacity limitations signage
- High-touch surface cleaning reminders (multiple)
- COVID Bug and Germ Stickers
- Individual child supplies stickers
- Diaper changing table signage
Social Media Images & Messages
Download these images and share them with a personal message, or use the copy below.
We’re ready to welcome our families back! Here’s a look behind the scenes at the safety measures we’re implementing to increase health and safety. [link to provider website or document outlining what you are doing to stay safe]
Share this video!
Brighter Futures Indiana is brought to you through a partnership with The FSSA Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning and Early Learning Indiana.