January 9, 2019
COLLEGE SAVING IS AS EASY AS 529!
The Indiana CollegeChoice 529 Direct Savings Plan is an easy way to invest in your child’s education tax-free. The 529 plan offers these great features:
It only takes a $10 deposit to get started. And anyone—friends, grandparents or relatives—can contribute.
Withdrawals for education—tuition, books and other college expenses—are tax-free. Plus, any Indiana resident who contributes to your child’s account can qualify for a state tax credit of up to $1,000 each year.
If you want to make a regular commitment to your child’s future, you can set up an automatic deposit from your paycheck. Saving couldn’t
Shop ‘n save.
Sign up for Upromise at Upromise.com and a portion of your family’s everyday spending on household items and restaurants will be deposited in your savings plan.
What if you save more than your child needs? The account’s beneficiary is easily changed to a sibling or other relative. Visit CollegeChoiceDirect.com to learn more.
Learn more tips about saving and paying for college at LearnMoreIndiana.org/cost.
Build Your Child’s Brighter Future!
Want to dive deeper into the social studies development of your little one? Check out our Social Studies Play and Learning guidance for:
- Babies — Although she’s still little, she knows what she wants and needs — and she isn’t shy about expressing that to you!
- One-year-olds — He’s been watching you carry out your responsibilities day after day, and he’s ready to start contributing.
- Two-year-olds — Your little global citizen is learning about her social environment, how it functions, and what her place is within it.
- Three-year-olds — Your child is starting to realize that we don’t just do something because we’re asked…we do it because it’s the right thing to do.
- Pre-K learners — Because he lives in a democracy, it’s important that he knows what voting is, and why we do it.