Completing Training on Indiana Learning Paths
To Access Training on I-LEAD:
- Login to your I-LEAD account.
- Click “Start your Indiana Learning Paths”. (Fig. 1)
- Select Training Catalog.
- Click Courses.
- Scroll over to Categories (Right) or type in the name of your course.
Most courses are in alphabetical order or can be searched by name/keyword in the Search Bar.
|Starting a Child Care Program:
Provider Admins/ New Licensing Orientation Training: New provider admins interested in starting a child care program should do the Orientation 1 & 2 training (OT 1 & OT 2). The training goes over the rules and regulations for starting a child care program. Orientation 1 goes over basic rules. Orientation 2 is split up into three different lessons depending on the type of program you're interested in establishing:
Select the Orientation 2 training for the type of license you're considering. The requirements manual and checklist are combined under the first document for download in the "Resources" section of the module. The instructions to complete the license on I-LEAD is also available for download or click the Open a New Program button on your I-LEAD dashboard to begin the application process.
Legally licensed-Exempt Programs (LLEP)can skip the OT 1 & OT2 training and go directly to the licensing application on the I-LEAD dashboard. LLEPs are only available to providers with 5 or fewer unrelated children. Any program that has 6 or more children enrolled will have to be licensed. For those interested in participating in CCDF, please review this document first to check compliance of the site before doing the application: https://www.in.gov/fssa/carefinder/files/CCDF-Provider-Eligibility-Standards-Summary.pdf
|Staff Training for Working at a Child Care Program:
New Hires should complete the courses in "SPARK! Educator Onboarding Course Collection Part 1" before they start working at a child care center. This coursework includes:
*Notes: All the certificates will be issued upon completion of the entire onboarding course. Most of these courses are only required to be taken once in a lifetime
Only those with a Certificate Expiration date in My Certificates can be redone. Please wait until the day after the Certificate Expiration date to redo those courses.
Troubles Logging Into Indiana Learning Paths?
For those unable to automatically connect to Indiana Learning Paths or having issues accessing this segment of the website, please use the following steps to continue:
- Go back and re-click "Start your Indiana Learning Paths". The website should automatically connect once this step is done.
- Download and use Google Chrome as your internet browser. For HP, Dell, or Apple Users, please use Mozilla Firefox for optimal performance.
- Clear cookies and cached images for your device. (External Link with Instructions: https://its.uiowa.edu/support/article/719)
- Mobile users: Please switch to a computer/laptop as some components of the lesson may not work on certain mobile devices.
*Note: If you haven't created an Access Indiana account yet and merged with your records, this login page will not let you in. Please got to access.in.gov to get started. (Use this step-by-step guide: https://www.in.gov/access/getting-started.html).