Federal law requires all states to implement state and federal criminal background checks that include fingerprints for child care providers. The comprehensive background check must include a fingerprint check of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) database to ensure that providers do not have a history of convictions that could put children’s health and safety at risk. Notably, the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information System database may not include final dispositions for arrests listed on an individual’s rap sheet. Therefore, it’s critical that employers also conduct local criminal felony and misdemeanor checks to assess if an arrest listed on the FBI’s report resulted in a conviction. Additionally, potential child care providers must be checked to ensure that they are not listed as a sex offender and have not been found to have committed child neglect or abuse.
By completing your consent form, you are authorizing both a state and federal background check as indicated above. Additionally, you are confirming that you have previously submitted your fingerprints within the last 3 years. This will be confirmed by entering your TCN number, located on your fingerprint receipt.
Do not start a consent form without your fingerprint receipt. Your TCN # (minus the "i") will need entered where it says INKLESS TRANSACTION NUMBER.
To complete your personal consent form, please follow the steps below.
- Log in to your ilead.in.gov account.
- Locate the Begin Consent Form button. (fig. 1)
- Click the Select All valid Providers check box at the top of the page.
- Click the Form Information button at the bottom right corner to advance to the next page. (fig.2)
- Complete all available fields. Please only enter YOUR personal information on the document. (Fingerprint TCN # minus the "i" goes in the Inkless Transaction Number section).
- Click the Go To Submit button on the bottom right corner to advance to the next page. (fig. 3)
- On the Submit screen, you will type your first and last name in the Electronic Signature box. Additionally, click on the I Agree To All Terms checkbox. (fig. 4)
- Finally, click the green Submit button, located at the bottom right of the page.
Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please reply to this message or contact the Brighter Futures Solution Center directly by calling 1-800-299-1627.