Teacher Appreciation Week
Gifts Your Child's Early Learning Providers Actually Want
Teacher Appreciation Week is just around the corner. This special week dedicated to celebrating the teachers in our lives lasts from May 2-6, 2022. Teachers give so much to their students each day, and this week allows us to show them just how much they mean to us.
We’ve put together a few ways you can show that special teacher in your life just how much you care about them. Show your support this week by gifting the things early learning providers actually want.
Early childhood staff often pay for classroom materials and activities themselves. This Teacher Appreciation Week, gift the teacher in your life one of the items below that they can use in the classroom.
- Amazon wish list: Some educators create Amazon wish lists filled with items they’d like to have in their classrooms. Collaborate with a few other parents in your child’s class to purchase and gift as many items on the list as possible.
- Books: Purchase books that can be used in the classroom during storytime. Seek out popular books of the moment, or maybe even gift similar books to the ones that your child enjoys at home.
Thoughtful and Sentimental Gifts
Give a gift that comes from the heart for Teacher Appreciation Week. Gifts don’t always have to be purchased. Take some time to create something from the heart.
- Personal crafts: Help your child with a craft showing their appreciation for their teacher. This could be a nice thank you note or a creative piece of art.
- Messages from students: Get together with a few other parents in your child’s class to organize a video message from the students or have each student write a letter.
Encourage the educator in your life to take some time for themselves, or show them you appreciate them with a personal token.
- Gift cards: Give a gift card to a coffee shop or a popular store. We all could use an afternoon pick-me-up once in a while. Pick a gift card that your teacher will enjoy.
- Flowers: Though a simple gesture, flowers are always a great gift. Give them to your teacher to brighten up their classroom or their home.
Teacher Appreciation Week only comes around once a year, so let’s make the most of it. There are many ways to show your appreciation for the educators in your life. Take it a step further by celebrating teacher appreciation every week throughout the year.
Related ArticlesView All
September 19, 2022
How to Afford Childcare: Your Guide to Financial Aid Options in Indiana
August 19, 2022
How Grandparents Can Provide Early Learning Support
August 1, 2022
Breaking Down Child Care Options in Indiana
July 25, 2022