Technical Issue: Missing Educator Accounts
From time to time, the I-LEAD leadership team identifies and queues technical issues for resolution. Below, you will find information about a recently identified issue: disappearing and/or missing educator accounts. The information below provides an overview of the issue, as well as guidance for users to follow as the technical team works to find and deploy a resolution for this issue.
Issue Identified: Missing Educator Accounts
A defect has been identified in the I-LEAD portal that our teams have been working diligently to resolve. Many I-LEAD users have reported that they have added educators to I-LEAD and then, when logging back in at a later date, found that the added staff are missing. We’ve confirmed that this is not a user error in accepting email invitations.
The technical team is working on a resolution. When the resolution is identified, ILEADhelp.org’s team will share a date by which you will be able to log back in and see the educators you’ve added.
UPDATE: Resolution Planned
The I-LEAD technical team has implemented a resolution for the missing educator accounts.
Educators may now appear as duplicated on the associated educator listing in the staff roster that can be viewed by provider admins. Users SHOULD NOT terminate any duplicated educators. SPARK Learning Lab will provide an update and guidance when action should be taken on any educators appearing multiple times. In the meantime, please continue to follow the steps outlined in the section below, “What should I do until the technical team deploys the resolution?”
What should I do until the technical team deploys the resolution?
ILEADhelp.org staff have identified the following steps to take for both provider administrators and educators while the technical team works on the resolution.
Until the resolution is implemented, the following actions are recommended for program administrators:
- Do not add educators to I-LEAD until you receive another communication confirming that the technical team has resolved this issue. This will prevent users from continuing to experience this system issue.
- Continue to report — if you haven’t yet — any issues with the portal in as much detail as possible to help the I-LEAD team better diagnose and resolve them. Tickets can be submitted online by clicking this Link.
- Direct staff to log in and take any necessary trainings. If they have accepted an invitation previously, they can log in with that account. If they have not, they can visit ilead.in.gov and click “Login” to sign up for a new account using their personal account, gaining guest access until the issue is resolved and program administrators can invite them to a site roster. While program administrators may not be able to see educators in their staff rosters, activated educators can still access Indiana Learning Paths through ILEAD.in.gov.
- Direct staff who need to complete background checks to use the forms available on the Office of Early Childhood and Out of School Learning’s website.
Until the resolution is implemented, the following actions are recommended for educators:
- If an invitation has been received and accepted: educators can still log in and access their account by visiting ILEAD.in.gov. They can also access Indiana Learning Paths professional development and records by logging in to ILEAD.in.gov.
- If an invitation has not been accepted: educators can visit ilead.in.gov and click “Login” to sign up for a new account using their personal account, gaining guest access until the issue is resolved and program administrators can invite them to a site roster. This guest access will allow the user to access Indiana Learning Paths professional development and records by logging in to ILEAD.in.gov.
- To complete consent forms for background checks, educators should use the forms available on the Office of Early Childhood and Out of School Learning’s website.
Have additional questions?
If you have any other questions or concerns, please refer to SPARK Learning Lab at 1-800-299-1627 or visit ILEADhelp.org.